NEWS FROM RUSHMOOR RE: GURKHA INTEGRATION FUND GRANT (BY CLLR. ALEX CRAWFORD JP)
Created 1 years 19 days ago
Like: 0 Hate: 0
- Currently 0.00/5 Stars.
Update on Gurkha Integration Fund grant of £500,000 received by Rushmoor Borough Council
-By Cllr. Alex Crawford JP
We have heard from Chief Executive Andrew Lloyd that Rushmoor has set a budget for its Gurkha Integration Fund grant of £500,000:
The main areas of expenditure, amounting to £340,000 over two years, are:
• continuation of two Customer Support posts at Rushmoor Borough Council in Farnborough and the Citizens Advice Bureau in Aldershot
• continuation of a post on drugs and alcohol
• funds to commission development and delivery of a cohesion strategy.
The balance will be available for grant funding through two streams:
• £150,000 to assist local partners whose services have been put under pressure or which contribute to cohesion and integration
• £10,000 to be made available for cohesion and integration initiatives, which local community groups or organisations can bid for.
Andrew Lloyd is arranging for this budget to be set out for the next meeting of the Council’s Community Cohesion Task & Finish Group, together with details of the £160,000 grant from the Military Community Covenant Fund and any news on the allocation of the remaining £1,000,000 still to be allocated from the Gurkha Integration Fund.